Mars Bar Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 19, 2015



Have you ever eaten something that takes you to your happy place, where you make that face and don’t talk to someone during the whole eating process?  Well I discovered something that will do this thanks to seeing a recipe that Recipes From A Normal Mum posted for Mars Bar Brownies. Now I always use Billington’s brownie recipe as my go to but like any baked treat there is always room for improvement and that’s where the Mars Bars come into it. Using Holly’s recipe for inspiration I adapted the Billington’s one to create a pretty spectacular brownie. If this does not make you groan the minute you bite into it I want to hear why! Chewy, fudgy and with the added gooeyness of the melted Mars Bar; I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before.

It’s already got me thinking about my next batch of brownies and what I could fill them with….


Mars Bar Brownies
250g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
200g butter
3 eggs
250g soft dark brown sugar
50g SR flour
3 Mars Bars

  • Preheat the oven to 170C (fan)

  • Grease and line a 20cm cake tin

  • Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.

  • In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume.

  • Fold in the melted chocolate.

  • Sift and fold in the flour.

  • Pour into your prepared tin.

  • Cut the mars bars into 12 even chunks and evenly distribute through the brownie mixture taking care to make sure the mars bars are well covered in mixture.

  • Bake in the over for 30-35 minutes until crackly on top but with a slight wobble.

  • Once cool cut into 12 even pieces.


Enjoy!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm going to make these.....I have a tub full of the mini mars bars from the Christmas chocolates.....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh let me know how they turn out. I never thought of using mini mars bars in them!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete