English Summer

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 19, 2013

It's been almost a week since my last blog post. Meant to write this up over the weekend but at the moment I have lots going on, I need to make more time to blog! Got lots of stuff to share with you but give me time and I will get there.

Last Thursday (13th June) the Wharfedale Clandestine Cake Club held our English Summer event and it was a roaring success. Myself and Kathryn had been on the hunt for new venues in the area and came across this little gem of a place in Otley called the Victoria Plum Tea Room. It is so cute and twee and adorable. Vicky, the owner is so lovely and I'm telling you now that you must call in for some tea and cake.

Anyway back to the cakes - they were all amazing! I think my favourite was the lemonade cake. It actually seemed to have a bit of a fizzy taste yum! Everyone's cakes were truly outstanding even with the cries of "oh I don't want to take mine out, it doesn't look as good as the others!" (I think I heard that said more than once that evening). Honestly it is not a competition and it doesn't matter how the cakes look. Everyone put thought and effort into it and I enjoyed them all.

We also all had a few cake disaster stories to tell that evening. My cake was a second attempt, I'll tell you all about the disaster of the first in my next post. It's always reassuring to everyone when you discover that you aren't the only one who has cake wrecks at times.

Anyway, enough of my rambles... here are photos of the evening for you to enjoy. Apologies for the glare in some corners, my poor camera is starting to die a bit :(










Once again thank-you to Vicky and the staff at Victoria Plum, we all had a fantastic evening.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments