A wee bit of Rocky Road

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 23, 2013

I'm sat here at work, it's my lunch hour, it's been a manic morning and I'm wondering where the week went and how is it already Thursday? Actually never mind Thursday how is it almost June? They year is passing far too quickly for my liking! Its also been so cold, supposedly the coldest spring on record for so many years (can't remember the exact amount). I just want some sunshine and warmth. At this time of year my scarves and coat should be tucked away in the wardrobe, but instead I still need to be wearing them.

But anyway, enough of my moaning. Time to talk of happy things and chocolate!!!

As you may have read in my previous post it was my friend's birthday last week so not only did I make her chocolate cupcakes but I made her rocky road too. It has to be the best treat ever and so easy to make. The recipe I used was a Nigella one but as always I tweaked it a bit.

Rocky Road
125g soft unsalted butter
300g milk chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
100g rice krispies
100g mini marshmallows
1 Crunchie bar
50g white chocolate

Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate in a pan on a low heat. Make sure the butter goes in first to stop the chocolate burning and possible splitting.

Before opening it, bash the Crunchie with a rolling pin to break it into little pieces.

Once the chocolate mixture is melted and combined add the bashed up crunchie, half the rice krispies and half the marshmallows. At this point you may decide there is enough rice krispies and marshmallows but add more if you want it.

Mix all together and tip into a lined square/rectangular baking dish. 

Add a few of the remaining marshmallows to the top of the mixture.

Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in short burst (be careful it doesnt burn!) and then drizzle over the rocky road.

Pop in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to set then slice into portions (that size is up to you!)

Enjoy!!! 



PS. feel free to swap the rice krispies for a biscuit of your choice, the milk chocolate can be dark instead or you could add some dried fruit. As long as you have the chocolate base the rest is up to you.
 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments